Tuesday 21 August 2018

Thinking about the leader


I am assigned in great deal of risky task as I joined synbio and chem-e car. A weird combination actually, yet a frequent road that chemical engineer undergraduate took.

Both of this clubs are my favorite. The clubs in which I joined and feel wholly satisfied.

I think this feeling is greatly indebted to the leaders.

Ka Putra and Farrel. They're different but they both radiating similar feeling when we work together.

Ka Putra is a very kind guy that is definitely passionate in theoretical and practical application of biology, especially synthetic biology. He taught me many thing about biology and genetic engineering basic so far, and because of him, I learnt a bit about genetic engineering. 

I shared sentiments on how underrated it is, despite maybe not sharing the same enthusiastment as him. As I would repeat, nothing is beating my love for chemistry, especially the carbonic one. Yet, organism is the closest descendant of this. I am not familiar in learning this journal, as u see I am lazy and my eye is keeping up with disturbance.

In fact, the spirit that Ka Putra radiates is like heat from higher temperatures that flows to me and making me hot. His enthusiastic, cheerful, and kind character empowers me to keep coming to journal club and other activity, despite i know little about them earlier. My activity in this club also introduced me to awe-inspiring Rendy Chevi, that is very popular in his department, of course unlike me, with good impression and description. Second, the apologetic music lover Jepi, my partner in making paper and pkm. Plus eldwin, this guy I currently trapped together.

Ka putra is not a stingy guy so he likes to treat me and buy me food. His very nonchalant way of sharing inspires me and makes me stick to the group(for free food boi). In fact together with him and Synbio, I feel developed and happy. It is rarely for me to feel happy around UI... As you know, i have no intimate relationship with anyone since I arrived at UI.

But, they make me feel like I have familial bond. We're definitely different and their ambitious projects greatly stressed me. However, every time i attend the club, I learn new thing(such as arapaima and environmental dna, thank you so much Jesaya, you're really Hermione in this group).

I am also happy in service as the people around me is believing the same thing. Their great interest sparked me.

Second is Farel. He's a passionate mad scientist. He likes to do trial himself and his continual support, investment, and activity, which reflects his great passion on our DAMN UGLY CAR, makes me believe we can turn shit into gold. (YAY UI BISA, CANOPUS BISA!)

So still, I could not resist him asking for assistance as he's very hard working on it. During our "consol" moment, which ka Usan and he shared that SHITTY GUYS unknowing of me and the gloomy past of Canopus team, It makes me believe in God's plan. 

Imagine if I were to be accepted last year(I wanted to be in Nayaka, but Ivan rejected me) so I think I will end up here in Canopus... I will be greatly pissed. But as I am assigned in this team, in fact I met new friends and I am much happier to help. I also want to be an alchemist, that turn shit into gold. 

It must be a great work ahead but looking at Farel's enthusiastment, which resonates Ka Putra, I don't afraid to work hard. He is not afraid to sacrifice some time and money, and it made me want to help this team success. In fact propaganda of tekkim and teknik solidarity is shit, in compare to what I witness, in which i could feel a strong bond or maybe strong interest from this group. Their resilience wins me.
Thank you for fueling this leader boi~!

No comments:

Post a Comment